October 1-3, 2021
Knitting In The Wild Camp & Create weekends have been designed to provide the space and campy vibe for you to get outdoors, enjoy nature, and tap into the creative side of yourself. The mission is to bring like-minded people together in an outdoor environment to become friends, share, learn and inspire!
The weekend is geared towards creativity! You will spend time living and playing outside, eating good food, and spending time with old and new friends. We offer that first step to enjoying the wonderful world of camping - but you still get to sleep up off the ground. Plus, you don't have to buy a bunch of gear before you ever set foot in the woods.
INCLUDED IN THE FEE:
- Camper cabin rental. The cabins have two full-size beds and double occupancy will be standard. If you would like to choose your cabin mate, please enter their name upon registering. If you do not specify, then we will assign cabins. **See single occupancy rates below.
- Four meals – breakfast on Saturday and Sunday and dinner on Friday and Saturday. Our chef will prepare our meals over the fire!
- Weaving In Nature Workshop - A morning and afternoon session with tips and tricks for creating a beautiful woven tapestry using yarn, roving and items found in nature. If you have a tapestry loom bring it! There will be looms available for rent/purchase or a link to a few of our favorites will be provided. This is a beginner course however all levels are welcome. This is as much about being together in the outdoors as it is about the weaving!
- Swag!!! Can you even call it a retreat if there is no swag?
- Opportunities for you to spend some quiet time with your knitting, a book, hike, or just lounge around by the fire.
Space is very limited. Once registered you will be sent an itinerary and a list of what items you should bring to camp.
There is also the ability to come one day early! There is a fee of $120 which covers your cabin and some coffee and a morning pastry. If you would like to come a day early so that you can spend some time hiking or checking out the park on your own, simply select Thursday in the dropdown and it will automatically be added to your registration fee.
We are offering an early-bird registration fee until June 18, 2021. After that date, the fee will increase to $375.
Your safety is of utmost importance to us. We will be adhering the state of Minnesota's guidelines for COVID. All hiking and adventuring risk is yours. We will ask you to complete an Acknowledgement of Risk, Waiver, and Release of Liability form once you register.
Minimum of 6 campers. In the unlikely case that we cancel the retreat due to too few participants, a full refund will be given.
Cancellation dates to make note of:
July 1, 2021: If you cancel before this date your fee will be refunded less a $30 cancellation fee.
August 1, 2021: Cancellations before this date will receive a 50% refund.
We regret that any cancellations made AFTER August 1, 2021, are subject to a cancellation fee in the amount of 100% of the retreat cost.
In the unlikely event that we must cancel due to severe weather, a full refund will be given. Severe weather will be based on the National Weather Service for the area. Rain will not be a reason we cancel a retreat weekend. Thank you for understanding and respecting the cancellation policy.
Once registered you will be sent a more detailed list of what you should bring with you to camp. The primary item you will need is a State Park Pass. They can be purchased on the MN DNR website or when you get to the park that weekend. Yearly pass is $35.00 or daily pass (for which you will need 2, are $7). You are responsible for your transportation to the park.
EARLY BIRD RATES:
Double Occupancy: $350
Single Occupancy: $500
RATES AFTER JUNE 18, 2021:
Double Occupancy: $375
Single Occupancy: $550